Brighten up your tabletop with these enamelwares brought to you by Bornn.
The Bloom series is characterized by a contemporary color palette, grounded by white rims and insides. The minimal and super functional mug is a perfect complement to enhance your your food preparations whether dining indoors, in backyard, or on your next camping adventure.
- Color: Light Blue
- Capacity: 12 oz
- Dimensions (inch): 4.75" x 4" x 3.25"
- Material: Porcelain enamel. Made by fusing glass onto heavy-gauge steel.
- Originated from: Turkey
- Also available in Mint and Pumpkin color.
- Every piece in our collections is handmade individually. The patterns may differ on each item showing the marks of its journey.
- There are small holes to allow gas to escape on models with hollow handles. Here the air can escape during firing. The little bubbles are part of the enameling process.
- There may be seams on the inside of the handle. Basic enamel leaks outwards slightly during firing, and a thin line appears. This is part of the enameling process.
- Dishwasher safe: Yes
- Stovetop safe: Yes
- Oven safe: Yes
- Freezer safe: Yes
- Microwave safe: No
Due to its smooth, non-porous surface made of glass, enamel is bacteria inhibiting and is easy to clean. With right care and use it can last for a lifetime and become a family heirloom and your dishes will look new for generations to come.
- Use the smooth side of the cleaning sponge or a soft brush for cleaning.
- Avoid wire brushes, steel wool, scouring powder containing sand, and cleaning sponges with ceramic particles this can scratch the surface.
- When using the dishwasher, select the glass washing program. We recommend washing by hand for long enjoyment of the radiant shine of enamel.
- Dry the cookware well. Any lime spots can effortlessly be removed with vinegar water.
- Do not use heavy-duty cleaning products and harsh chemicals when cleaning, enamelware can easily be cleaned with a simple combination of lime juice and baking soda.
- What appear to be scratches in the enamel could be marks left by metal tools: streaks of metallic residue, which have caused little or no damage to the underlying enamel. Enamel is much harder than stainless steel, you can scrub the marks with a gentle cleaning compound.
- The shiny surface of colored enamel can be affected by high acidic food. Using to serve citrus-containing food can make the surface look matte, therefore we do not recommend using it with meals that contain too much lemon, lime, orange, etc. to keep the shine of your product. White-colored enamelware is safe to use with acidic food.
- Enameled steel is incredibly strong, but the glass topcoat will chip if handled too roughly or dropped onto hard surfaces (revealing the steel frame underneath) remember it is still safe to eat from your enamelware dishes even if the steel underneath the glass is exposed.
- During the production process of enamelware products are hung for drying and firing under their rims therefore flash rust can appear in these areas, they can be easily removed with a damp cloth.
About the designer
Bornn takes a contemporary and innovative approach to classic enamelware with an aim to produce a wide selection of premium quality tableware with artisanal touches.
Bornn was founded in 2015 by two sisters Basak Onay and Oyku Thurston who both have backgrounds in creative industries. When they were global nomads growing up in Tokyo, Barcelona, and Los Angeles away from their home town of Istanbul, they were exposed to different cultures and craftsmanship, which aspired them to create their own company that brings together years of developed skills and local heritage.
Bornn takes its inspiration from the fascinating history of enamelware and by using traditional manufacturing techniques, producing modern, unique, and handcrafted pieces to help keep these skills alive. All collections are produced in Istanbul by master artisans and we seek to empower our community by developing new ways for them to use their years gained knowledge.
Shipping and Return
Free shipping to 48 Continental States of the United States for orders of $99 and above.
To initiate a return, please send us an email to email@example.com for return authorization.
All returns are for store credit and must be made within 14 days of items arrival date. Items must be returned with no signs of wear or usage, and in their original packaging. We reserve the right to reject returns that do not comply our return policy.
See full shipping and return policies here.