KAKOMI is designed for sharing delicious experiences through cooking and dining together. Simple yet functional as cookware, items from KAKOMI are perfect for highlighting fresh ingredients of the season.
This IH donabe (clay pot in Japanese), renews the traditional Japanese clay pot with a mondern design.
It comes with a steam plate, making it suitable for steaming as well as simmering, stewing, and hotpotting.
- Capacity: 84.5 oz, 2.5L
- Dimensions (inch): 10.2" x 5.7" x 12.4"
- [Pot] High heat-resistant ceramic.
- [Lid, Steam plate] Ceramic.
- Originated from: Designed in Japan, Made in Malaysia.
- Microwave safe: Yes
- Oven safe: Yes
- Dishwasher safe: No
- 100V and 200V induction heater, direct fire, halogen heater, ceramic hob, microwave, and oven safe.
- Wash with care. Immediately wash and dry well after use, and keep dry when not in use.
- Do not leave the pot soaked in water.
- Do not use abrasive cleansers or steel wool.
- [Before using] As the pot does not absorb water, there is no need to 'seal' the pot before its first use. Lightly wash with a neutral detergent.
- [If you burn the pot] After boiling water in the pot, turn down to low heat, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda, and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat, let it cool, and rub with a melamine sponge.
- Adjust heat to medium or lower when using on 200V induction heater.
- The time it takes to boil may vary depending on the type of induction heater.
- Do not use for deep frying.
- Do not use an induction heater cover as it could cause the temperature sensor to malfunction.
- Dry well before use, or the remaining moisture could cause breakage when heated.
- Do not heat without water.
- The handle and lid will be hot when heated. Use mittens to hold.
- Do not touch or place directly on the table after using on induction heater as the heating element on the bottom surface of the pot will be very hot.
- Hold the pot with both hands when carrying as the ceramic pot is heavy.
- Do not touch with a wet cloth or put in a wet place while it is hot as rapid cooling may cause breakage.
- Do not heat with water filled up to the rim.
- If content boils over, wipe and clean the bottom surface of the pot thoroughly as the heating element may break if used unclean.
- Mix well and prevent food contents from burning on the bottom of the pot as the heating element may break if burning recurs.
- Ensure to heat with stability on the gas stove.
- Remove the lid when using in an oven as rapid rise in temperature may cause breakage.
About the designer
KINTO is a Japanese brand that develops coffeeware, teaware, tableware, and lifestyle accessories valuing the balance between usability and aesthetics.
KINTO's passion is to create products that bring comfort and inspiration into everyday life.
To slow down and see the beauty of nature, to unwind and feel connected with your loved ones - we imagine scenes that enrich your life to bring you products with genuine creativity and thoughtfulness.
Shipping and Return
Free shipping to 48 Continental States of the United States for orders of $99 and above.
To initiate a return, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for return authorization.
All returns are for store credit and must be made within 14 days of items arrival date. Items must be returned with no signs of wear or usage, and in their original packaging. We reserve the right to reject returns that do not comply our return policy.
See full shipping and return policies here.